03 August, 2011

I rarely pick ice-cream as a dessert when I'm dining out. Unless it's artisan, I feel cheated paying for someone else to scoop from a tub that I could buy myself.
I don't use the word lightly, when I say I'm obsessed with ice-cream.
A few summers ago when I was in Greece, a friend had to ration my money such was my ice-cream problem. It was so hot (40ยบ+) and it was the only thing I could (and would) eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
It's impossible to pick my favourite flavour. I love chocolate. Mint is refreshing. Violet and Rose when in France. Phish Food is comforting. 99's equal summer.
My latest obsession is Sea Salt ice cream. Do it.
The best thing that ever happened to me*, was when I was staying in Boston about 8 years ago. There was a Ben & Jerry's scoop shop in the hotel. I was in heaven. Sure, we have B&J's here in Ireland but we only have a fifth of the flavours available in the states.

These four beauties are on my 'to try' list when I next go across the pond.




The Late Night Snack one has fudge covered potato chips. Oh America, while I worry about your obesity epidemic, I can't but love a country with an appetite for the ridiculous.

1 comment:

Allie said...

My favorite thing is cracking lavender sea salt over vanilla ice cream!