28 October, 2010

I was lucky enough to attend the launch of Ryan Tubridy's new book all about JFKs infamous visit to Ireland in '63.

The book is a great read so far, especially enjoyable if, like me, you're into US politics.

This combined with an article about pumpkin pie, has made today an American one for me. I decided to bake the pie, which is now in the oven, and while I wait for it to bake I'm dipping into the book. Lovely!

I might even top the evening off with an episode or two of The West Wing.

There are some good things about being an unemployed nerd.

And here's a bonus picture of the beautiful JFK jr.

2 comments:

Helen said...

This looks wonderful! I've always been fascinated by the Kennedy's, and that pie sounds delicious :)

Lana said...

I love the Kennedy's, so fantastic. And there's (obviously) so many great books about them.